Plant Performance Optimisation
Vision ID was looking for a number of industrial panel PCs to integrate with their data capture solution and Tricel’s ERP system, capable of withstanding a harsh manufacturing environment.
Advantech’s IP66 fanless true flat panel PC’s with wide operating temperature are designed to withstand harsh production environments. As part of the process, specific screen hardness and chemical test data were required. Advantech provided a loan sample for VisionID for proof of concept work with Tricel.
The solution also included Advantech’s “SQF” Secure Flash industrial wide-temp SSD delivering enhanced power failure protection, security and endurance, providing reliable 24/7 operation. Through Advantech’s iDoor technology, the device can be easily expanded to provide additional I/O ports, isolated digital I/O, Fieldbus protocols, MRAM, and cellular/Wi-Fi communication.
Production information is then displayed quickly and easily in real-time.
“We worked closely with Advantech’s partner, VisionID throughout this project and found them to be extremely professional. The industry-specific knowledge they possess made identifying the ideal solution for our particular requirements a very swift and easy process meaning we had the perfect solution identified and in place within a very short period of time.”
Mike Dennehy, IT Manager, Tricel
Advantages to the End Customer
- Reduction of repetitive processes and the elimination of manual data input.
- Production capacity is increased, due to time saved not having to manually input data.
- Reduction in data errors by removing the legacy paper-based system.
- Reduction in decision-making time as a result of operation wide and real-time visibility of the production line.
- Increase of traceability on the shop floor.
- Fanless, compact solution with Advantech SQF storage › Low maintenance, Increased uptime with secure and reliable data storage.
- Wide operating temperature, IP 66 › Suitable for harsh industrial environments
- True flat screen › Easy cleaning
- Modular design with iDoor technology › Increases life cycle and protects investment by allowing simple future expansion.
- Modular WIFI Communications › Reduced installation time and cost. The modular solution helps with future-proofing
- Loan sample provided › Low-risk proof of concept
- Build to order service › Customize to requirements, including installed software. Tested and configured ready to go, saving installation time, and reducing project risk.
- Two-year warranty and world-class support › A quality industrial product backed by Advantech’s global warranty, technical support, and repair service.
- TPC-1551T from Advantech’s extensive range of fanless, quality industrial touch panel PCs
- Industrial 15" XGA TFT LCD with 50K Lifetime LED Backlight
- Wide operating temperature -20 to +60°C
- True flat IP66 front panel with alloy bezel and chassis
- Durable 5 wire resistive touch screen
- Flexible iDoor expansion system to allow future connectivity
- Configured to order to include WIFI, Advantech Memory, and Advantech solid-state storage
- Built preloaded with the customer’s OS, tested and delivered with two years warranty
Project Manager VisionID