Standalone PoE+ Media Converter, 1000Base-TX/FX, Multi-mode 1300nm, 2km, SC type w/ AC adapter (also known as Giga-McBasic 852-11913)
- Supports one fixed optical connector with single-mode, multi-mode, or SFP,
and two RJ-45 ports
- One RJ-45 port serves as PoE-PSE
- Supports internal AC power
- IEEE802.3at/af compliant (IMC-490) or IEEE802.3af compliant (IMC-480)
- Supports jumbo frame functionality (up to 10240 bytes)
- Supports configurable PoE reset on fiber Loss of Signal (LOS)
- Support Link Fault Pass Through (LFPT)
IMC-480 and 490 are the perfect solutions for network applications that require Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) for locations inside buildings where PoE is required to power an Ethernet device. The IMC-480 and 490 series offer three ports: one fiber uplink for the network connection, one PoE/PSE copper port that provides Power-over-Ethernet, and one copper port to connect a non-PoE unit to the same fiber uplink.
As a fiber media converter, it provides both power (up to 15.4w with IMC-480 and 25.5W with IMC-490) and data to a single remote device over standard CAT5, eliminating the need for additional power to the end device at the remote site. Additionally, the IMC-480/490 media converters come with an internal AC power supply and supports jumbo frames up to 10240 bytes. The IMC-480/490 series feature in its Link Fault Pass Through (LFPT) functionality with a DIP switch that a diagnostic feature can be enabled or disabled to assist the end user in troubleshooting a failed segment.