Standalone Media Converter, 100Base-TX/FX, Multi-mode 1300nm, 5km, ST type w/ AC adapter (also known as McBasic 855-10927 )
- Designed with internal AC power
- Supports diagnostic features including Link Loss and Fiber Alert
- Some models provide two 10/100/1000Mbps copper ports
- Some models support Link Fault Pass Through (LFPT)
- Supports a variety of SFP modules
- Supports multiple mounting options (desktop, DIN rail or wall-mount)
The IMC-450 and 470 series are standalone media converters with an optional internal power security device that make the connection between copper and fiber cables. It can be installed anywhere a network connection is required. In addition, these media converters feature in automatic link restoration. They also increase the scalability of a network by providing rate conversion ,distance extension and multiple types of fixed fiber connectors or open slots for small form-factor pluggable (SFP) connection.
The IMC-450 and 470 support troubleshooting features such as LinkLoss and Fiber Alert which can be enabled/disabled by DIP switches. The diagnostic features allow the network administrator to quickly identify network faults. The IMC-470 series provides two 10/100/1000Mbps copper UTP ports and one fiber port, that is available in an SFP form factor, as well as for fixed-fiber in single-mode and multi-mode. The Link Fault Pass Through (LFPT) functionality allows network operators to determine a fault condition on the interfaces.