2-port RS-232 Current-loop Communication Card
- RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 or current-loop interface
- 16C550 UART with 16-byte FIFO
- Transmission speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- Flexible I/O address and IRQ selection
- IRQ: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12 or 15
- Complete RS-232 modem control signals
- Supports 4-wire or 2-wire operation for RS-422/485
- Automatic RS-485 data flow control
- Space reserved for termination resistors
- Supports Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP, Linux
- Powerful and easy-to-use utility (ICOM Tools)
The PCL-740 offers a versatile range of high speed interfacing options. You can switch its single port between the popular RS-232, long distance RS-422, multi-drop RS-485, or noise-resistant current-loop. The card’s 16C550 UART has an on-chip 16-byte FIFO buffer for faster and more reliable communication, especially under Windows.
The card has two 16C550 UARTs with on-chip 16-byte FIFO buffers. The UARTs buffer data into 16-byte packets before sending it to the bus. This drastically reduces CPU load and avoids data loss when the system is busy and cannot process the interrupt quickly. These FIFO buffers make the PCL-741 especially suitable for high speed serial I/O under Windows. Onboard optical isolators protect your PC and equipment against damage from ground loops, increasing system reliability in harsh environments.