Browser-Based HMI/SCADA Software
- Enables 100% web-based remote engineering, monitoring, and control
- Supports the MQTT protocol to provide big data to cloud platforms in the
- HTML5 Intelligent Dashboard provides a HTML5-based user interface for
cross-browser, cross-platform data analysis as well as Widget Builder for
creating custom widgets
- Open interface web services (RESTful API and SignalR), widget interface and
- Supports diverse drivers including Advantech’s I/O modules, controllers, and
major PLCs, as well as standard protocols Modbus, OPC UA, OPC DA, SNMP,
- Easily integrated with third-party software, such as MES and ERP, via open
- Integrated with WebAccess/IVS, WebAccess/NMS, and WISE-PaaS/RMM
- HTTPS enabled for web security
- Redundant SCADA systems, ports, and devices for high availability
Advantech WebAccess is a 100% web-based SCADA software solution that also serves as an IIoT platform by providing open interfaces for developing IoT applications aimed at various vertical markets. WebAccess also acts as a gateway by collecting substantial amounts of data from ground equipment and transferring this data to cloud applications via the MQTT protocol in the Publish/Subscribe pattern. In addition to traditional SCADA functions, WebAccess features an intelligent dashboard to facilitate cross-platform, cross-browser data analysis and provide a user interface based on HTML5 technology.
The basic components of WebAccess are as follows:
1. Project Node: This is the project development platform that also acts as a web server for all clients to connect to development projects, facilitating remote monitoring and system control. All system configuration settings, project database files, and graphics are stored in the project node.
2. SCADA Node: This node enables real-time communication with automation equipment as well as equipment control via serial, Ethernet, or proprietary communication protocols using the various built-in device drivers. The SCADA node not only allows local control and monitoring, but also provides real-time data to all remote clients.
3. ViewDAQ Client: Through Microsoft Internet Explorer's ActiveX control, ViewDAQ Client monitors and controls the SCADA node. Clients must first connect to the project node to obtain the address of the SCADA node before communicating directly with the SCADA node using proprietary communication protocols over a TCP/IP connection. Data is displayed in real time as dynamically animated graphics and presented along with real-time historical trends and alarm information. The ViewDAQ Client can be used to acknowledge alarms
and change set-point and status data, as well as other information.
4. Dashboard Client: This enables users to access the dashboard server through any browser on any platform, such as a computer, pad, or smartphone equipped with iOS, Android, or Windows.