Advanced Mezzanine Card Freescale QorIQ P4080 AMC
- Freescale P4080 8-core e500-mc PowerPC, up to 1.5 GHz
- DDR3 up to 1333 MHz 8 GB with ECC support
- 4 MB SPI Flash and 2 GB NAND Flash
- One 10 GbE SFP+ port for external access
- AMC.0, AMC.1, AMC.2, and AMC.4 compliant and configurable SERDES
channel (PCIe/SGMII/XAUI/SRIO) support
- Efficient power consumption, typical 32W
- 8 KHz and 19.44 MHz Telecom Clock Sync support
The AMC-4201 is a single-width, mid-size AMC based on the Freescale P4080 processor. It combines eight Power Architecture® e500-mc Cores operating at frequencies up to 1.5 GHz with high-performance, datapath acceleration logic, extensive networking I/O, and peripheral bus interfaces. It combines powerful multi-Core Power Architecture performance with network processing capabilities, and builds on the communications ubiquity of Freescale’s QorIQ® product family. AMC-4201 provides 4 and 8 GB build options for onboard DDR3 memory at 1333 MHz with ECC support. One front-panel 10GbE SFP+ connector provides network access in addition to a front panel console and debug port.
The unique SERDES design supports up to four different AMC port configurations for a mix of SRIO, PCIe, XAUI and SGMII channels. This makes the AMC extremely versatile and caters to a wider range of MicroTCA or ATCA Carrier topologies beyond just telecom applications. 4 MB SPI Flash and 2 GB NAND Flash provide onboard options for software and storage. The AMC also provides 8 KHz and 19.44 MHz telecom clock synchronization support.